Event: New Legislative and Case law Developments in Foreclosure, Bankruptcy and Eviction Law
Date: June 29, 2011
Time: 10:00-11:00 am (PST)
PRESENTATION BY: Spencer Scheer, from the Scheer Law Group, LLP.
(Laws and rulings are changing monthly. More are on the way. Don’t get left behind).
I. Foreclosure and Lender Liability Claims:
- Lender Duties to Borrowers and how to Avoid Liability
- Attacks on the Sale Process. How to avoid and defend
- Repeat Filings and the Automatic Stay
- Chapter 20
- Lien Strips and Cram Downs: New cases: What every Lender should know
- Privacy Violation Considerations: Filing Proofs of Claim can be dangerous. Avoid Lawsuits
- New laws, new lender responsibilities
- Judgments entered in an eviction case can stop later Law Suits by your borrower
- SB 1149: (Eviction)
- SB 931: New Short Sale and Anti-Deficiency Protections. Can they be waived?
- SB 1427 and SB 1137: Post Foreclosure Sale Considerations
- AB Bill No. 2365 California Service Member Corrallary: New rights for servicemembers, more worries for Lenders who don’t comply
- AB 1321: Proposed: “Show me the note Legislation”
- SB 412 & 458: Proposed: More short sale legislation proposed.
- AB 643: Proposed: Pre-Foreclosure Counseling Legislation
- SB 4: Proposed: New advisements at foreclosure sale to purchasers and buyers
“This firm knows what they are doing . SLG is an unique, pragmatic law firm: In this rapidly changing legal environment, they keep me informed, protect our interests and understand our business needs”.
– Pat McCarty, Sr. VP Circle Bank